At Shy Creation, we are confident in the craftsmanship and quality of our fine jewelry. We acknowledge that all jewelry is affected by the normal wear of time, everyday activities, and unexpected trauma. And just like you need a self-care routine, so does our fine jewelry.
To help Shy away from the wear of time, here are recommendations for your jewelry's self-care:
- Getting Ready: jewelry should be the last thing to put on. When using any cosmetics (makeup, creams, perfumes, lotions), wait a couple of minutes before wearing your favorite pieces.
- Mineral Water and Jewelry Don't Mix: remove all jewelry before hitting the beach, hot springs, swimming pools, and hot tubs.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals & Solutions: chlorine & fluoride will damage your jewelry, especially precious metals.
- Jewelry Doesn’t Exercise: don't wear your jewelry when doing strenuous activities (working out, gardening, house-cleaning, sports, etc.) Doing this can ruin your jewelry.
- Proper Storage: having a proper place to keep your pieces is a major must! If you don't have a place to put them, you can wrap them individually in a soft cloth or tissue and store them in a dry area.
- Shy's Beauty Sleep: do not sleep with your jewelry on! Store them in their proper place.
- Keep It Cool: keep your jewelry away from extreme heat and continued exposure to light. Jewelry exposed to those conditions can result in discoloration, detrimental effects on the durability of the precious stone, and even dry out/ fracture the gem.
- Stay away from abrasive surfaces!
- Cleaning Routine: clean in warm water with mild detergent and gently dry with a soft lint-free cloth to help keep the shine and remove any residual oils that build up. Clean one at a time to guard against possibly damaging a piece.
- Periodic Inspection: always inspect your jewelry to make sure everything is in tiptop shape. Look out for loose gems, worn clasps, rough prongs, and such. If something isn't in the best condition don't hesitate to take it to a jeweler to get it back to its original state.
- White Gold Plating: white gold may require re-plating over time to restore its original vibrancy.
Following this self-care routine will keep your jewelry in remarkable shape!